Sometimes my brain just comes up with genius recipe ideas out of nowhere! This is one of those times and I’m super excited to share it with you! Chia water is something that I really enjoy, but most of the ones I’ve had have been very sweet. This version is lightly flavored and sweetened for a perfectly refreshing toddler (and adult) energizer during HUMID 95 degree weather (at least here in the midwest). Wherever you live, this chia drink is calling your name, ready to refresh and energize you. What are you waiting for?
This chia water is made with fresh lime, frozen cherries (organic frozen cherries are very cheap at my local grocery store!!) and a little bit of maple syrup. All you do it mix it all up (or have your sous chef do the mixing) and wait a few minutes. You can add ice if you’d like but the frozen cherries cool it nicely! Ready in seconds, perfectly refreshing, and extremely nutritious! This is going to be happening all the time around here. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ⅛-1/4 lime, juiced
- 5 frozen cherries
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- A few lime slices, optional
- Mix all ingredients together in a jar starting with ⅛ lime, juiced and 1 tsp maple syrup.
- Let sit for a few minutes and stir again.
- Adjust sweetness with maple syrup, adjust tartness with lime and mash cherries up for a more intense cherry flavor.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Leave a Reply